Online Shopping Statistics
Thinking of starting your own e-commerce website?
There has never been a better time as these statistics show.
- Eighty-one percent of shoppers research their product online before purchasing.
- Sixty percent begin their search for their products using a search engine
- 61 percent will read product reviews before making any purchase.
- On average, an online shopper will visit 3 websites before making their purchase.
- Retail Sales from shopping online predicted to grow to $370 billion in 2017
- In 2013 57% of Irish Internet users shopped online. This figure has increased steadily since then.
- 71% of online shoppers believe that will get better value than shopping in the high street.
- Mobile ecommerce was up 35% for the first quarter of 2014,compared to the previous year.
This includes purchases made on both mobile phones (8.2% of total) and tablets (10.3% of total).
- Mobile Phone add to cart and conversion rates are much lower than Desktop Computers
- 27% of UK online sales in 2014 were made using via a tablet device
- 33% of UK online sales take place in the evening after 6pm
- 47% of all online orders include free shipping
- Visitors are more likely to abandon their shopping cart if free shipping is not offered.
- 51% of people who did not complete a purchase on a mobile device stopped because they did not feel comfortable entering their credit card details
- Which device a visitor uses makes a huge difference to conversion rates:
Desktop is 3.11%, Tablet is 2.59% and Smartphone is 1.01% of concersions in the Fourth Quater of 2013
- 60% of Irish Shoppers who added an item to their shopping cart completed the sale.
- Shoppers aged 18 to 34, spend more money online than other age groups.
- Irish People spend €8.5 million a day online on websites in other countries
- 95% percent of tablet users and 72 percent of smartphone users who make a purchase do so at home.
- 46% of mobile users say they are less likely to comparison shop when using an app.
If you are interested in setting up your own eCommerce site to sell your products online please contact us to see how we can help.
When were these facts published for referencing?
The facts were gathered from multiple sources and published in June 2015
Very well referenced, I used this to teach my 4 year old black son about e-Commerce.
very well made, I used this to educate my 5 year old white son about online shopping.